ELEKTRA takes the protection of your personal information very seriously.
We adhere strictly to the regulations of the Data Protection Act. With the following information, we would like to inform you about how your personal data that is collected during use of our website is handled.
Section 1: Information about collection of personal data
(1) Personal data includes all information that relate to an identified or identifiable natural person (referred to in the following as the “data subject”). A natural person is considered identifiable if they are directly or indirectly able to be identified, especially though assignment of a code like a name or code number, location data, and online code, one or more special properties that are an expression of their physical, physiological, genetic, physical, economic, cultural, or social identity. Personal data includes all data that relates to you personally, e.g. name, address, e-mail address, user behaviour.
(2) The data controller according to Art. 4 No. 7 GDPR is
ELEKTRA Gesellschaft für elektrotechnische Geräte mbH
Werkstr. 7, 32130 Enger, Germany
Tel.: +49 5223 185-301
Fax: +49 5223 185-306
General Manager: Matthias Delius
(3) You may reach our external data protection officer at:
Mrs Heleen Urbanek
WiR Solutions GmbH
Grüner Weg 80, 48268 Greven, Germany
Tel.: +49 2571 54040 200
(4) When making contact with us by e-mail or via a contact form, the information data you provide (your e-mail address, your name, and possibly your telephone) will be saved by us so that we are able to answer your questions. We shall delete the data resulting in this context after storage is no longer required, or we shall limit processing in case legal storage obligations are present. Data processing for the purpose of establishing contact with us takes place according to Art. 6 Para. 1 S.1 lit. a GDPR on the basis of your voluntary consent.
Section 2: Your rights
(1) You possess the following rights vis-a-vis us with regard to the personal data affecting you:
• Right to information according to Art. 15 GDPR,
• Right to correct according to Art. 16 GDPR or deletion according to Art. 17 GDPR,
• Right to limit processing according to Art. 18 GDPR,
• Right to object to processing according to Art. 21 GDPR,
• Right to transfer data according to Art. 20 GDPR,
• Right to withdraw consent according to Art. 7 Para. 3 GDPR.
(2) You also possess the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority concerning processing of your personal data by us according to Art. 77 GDPR.
(3) Automated decision-making including profiling according to Art. 22 Para. 1 and 4 GDPR shall not take place.
Section 3: Collection of personal data while visiting our website
(1) While accessing our website, www.elektra.de, your browser automatically transmits personal data to our server. This process is technically required to display our website to you and to ensure the stability and security. This information is saved temporarily as a so-called log file. The following information is collected without actions on your behalf and stored until automated deletion:
• IP address of the querying computer,
• Date and time of access,
• Number and URL of the accessed file,
• Website that access originated from,
• The browser used, the operating system of your computer as required, and The name of your access provider,
• Access status/http status code,
• The respective transferred data quantity.
(2) In no case shall we use the collected data for purposes of making conclusions about your identity.
(3) The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 Para. 1 Line 1 lit. f GDPR. Our justified interest follows from the purposes for data processing listed above.
(2) The cookie stores information that is related to the specific consumer device used. However, this does not mean that we receive direct knowledge of your identity in this way.
(3) Cookies are used on the one hand to design our services to be more convenient for you. We use so-called cookies to recognise that you have already visited individual pages of our website. These will be deleted automatically after you leave our website. Furthermore, we also use temporary cookies to optimise user-friendliness, which are stored on your consumer device for a specifically defined period. If you visit our site again to use our services, it will be automatically detected that you have already visited us and input and settings you submitted so that you do not need to enter them again. Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you may configure your browser so that cookies are not saved on your computer or that a notice always appears before a new cookie is stored. The complete deactivation of cookies can nevertheless result in deactivation of some of the functions of our website for you.
(4) For the purpose of appropriate design and continuous optimisation of our pages, we use Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (https://www.google.de/intl/de/about/) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; referred to as “Google” in the following). In this context, pseudo-anonymous usage profiles are created and cookies are used. The information generated by the cookie about your use of our website like
• Browser type/version,
• Operating system used,
• Referrer URL (the previously visited site),
• Host name of the requesting computer (IP address),
• Time of the server request,
will be transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The information will be used to evaluate use of our website, to compile reports about website activities, and to provide additional services connected with website use and Internet use for the purposes of market research and appropriate design of these webpages. This information will also be transferred to third parties, provided this is prescribed by law or provided third parties are contracted to process these data. Your IP address will not be combined with other Google data. The IP addresses are anonymised so that assignment is not possible (IP masking).
(5) You can prevent the installation of cookies by adjusting the corresponding settings in your browser software; however, we do point out that this will prevent you from being able to fully use all of the functions of this website.
(6) You may also prevent collection of the data created by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) and processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing a browser add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en).
(7) Additional information about data protection in relation to Google Analytics is provided in the Google Analytics help guide (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en).
(8) You can prevent recording by Google Analytics by clicking the following link. An opt-out cookie is set that prevents collection of your data when you visit this website in the future
Section 5: Use of the contact form
For questions of all types, we offer you the option to contact us using a contact form provided on the website. In this case, provision of a valid e-mail address is required so that we know who the request comes from and how we should answer it. You may provide additional information voluntarily for improved contact processing and enables us to contact you personally. The personal data collected by us for use of the contact form will be deleted automatically after the request submitted by you has been processed.
Section 6: Forwarding data
(1) Basically, your personal data is not transferred to third parties.
(2) We shall only provide your personal data to third parties if
• you have provided your explicit consent for this according to Art. 6 Para. 1 Line 1 lit. a GDPR,
• forwarding according to Art. 6 Para. 1 Line 1 lit. f GDPR for enforcement, exercise, or defence of legal claims is required and there is no reason to assume that you possess an overriding protected interest in not forwarding your data,
• in case forwarding according to Art. 6 Para. 1 Line 1 lit. c GDPR is subject to a legal obligation, and
• this is legally permitted and required according to Art. 6 Para. 1 Line 1 lit. b GDPR for development of a contractual relationship with you.
Section 7: Data security
(1) We utilise suitable technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against coincidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction, and against unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved according to technological developments.
(2) Within the context of a website visit, we use the popular SSL process in connection with the respective maximum encryption level that is supported by your browser. Normally, this involves a 256-bit encryption standard. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, then we shall utilise 128-bit-V3 technology instead. If an individual page of our website is being transmitted encrypted, you will recognise this by the depiction of a key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser.
Section 8: Currency and changes regarding this data protection declaration
This data protection declaration is current and is dated April 2018. Due to further development of our website and the services it provides or due to altered legal or supervisory information, it may be necessary to change this data protection declaration. The respective current data protection declaration may be accessed by you at any time at www.elektra.de and printed out.
Section 9: Further questions
If you still have further questions about data protection or general handling of personal data by ELEKTRA Gesellschaft für elektrotechnische Geräte mbH that go beyond the information provided, then please contact us.